Diagnostic Services will be closed December 25th and 26th. The laboratory will be closed for renovations January 1st – 9th.
578 Wilson Rd., Room. 107
East Lansing, MI 48824-6469
Phone: (517) 355-4536
Fax: (517) 432-0899
We assist a wide variety of people experiencing problems with plants and pests. There are many things that cause plant problems. Our laboratory specializes in diagnosing problems caused by arthropods (insects, mites, ticks, etc.), pathogens (fungi, bacteria, viruses), and nematodes.
Here are some of the samples we accept for diagnosis:
- Plants or plant parts for insect, pathogen and nematode analysis
- Insects, mites, ticks, spiders and other arthropods for identification
- Soil and tissue samples for nematode analysis
- Weeds and plants for identification
Samples may be submitted to the lab by mail or dropped off at our facility. We will analyze the sample for a nominal fee and provide a diagnosis or identification of the problem as well as recommendations for control.
Services Not Offered
- Soil and plant nutrient testing
- Mushroom identification
- Identification of household mold
- Screening for pesticide resistant weeds
- Pesticide residue testing
- Mycotoxin testing
- Examination of bites or skin irritations on humans and animals